If you want to make sure you see these deals every week before they expire, you can subscribe to the Tech for Luddites Individual Blog Post mailings.
This Week’s Featured Deals
Deal 1: Save $20 on Kindle E-Readers at Amazon US
To celebrate National Reading Month, Amazon US is offering a limited-time deal on Kindles and Kindle bundles.
Although I’ve had multiple Fire tablets over the years, I got my first Kindle Paperwhite in December. If you haven’t seen one before, I just have to say their anti-glare claim is absolutely true. As someone who works outside all summer long, I’m often frustrated by how difficult it is to see what’s on the screen unless I’m in complete shade. The Kindle, however, is completely readable in total sun.
Deal Details: Until Saturday, March 11th only, get $20 off the Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle Voyage, and between $20-45 off the following bundles that include covers and either a power adapter (Essentials bundles) or a 2-year worry-free guarantee (Kids bundle):
- Kindle Essentials Bundle
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle
- Kindle Voyage Essentials Bundle
- Kindle for Kids Bundle
NOTE: At the time of writing, the three Essentials bundles are sold out, but you can sign up to be emailed when they’re available again. However, I don’t know if that will be before the deal expires.
Deal 2: Get $5 Off Google Chromecast at B&H Photo
I stumbled on this recently and I don’t know when it will end, but at the moment you can get the Google Chromecast streaming media player for just $30 at B&H Photo. The deal applies only to the standard model, not the Ultra.
Bonus Deal: B&H also has a “Buy a Google Home, Get a Free Chromecast” special that expires on March 18th. The Google Home is a voice-enabled speaker (similar to the Amazon Echo). In this case, your freebie can be either the standard Chromecast or the Chromecast Audio, which plugs into any standard speaker to let you stream audio to it via Wi-Fi. (You can also get $5 off the Chromecast Audio by itself.)
I don’t use my Chromecast much for streaming movies and TV shows because I like having a remote to watch them, but I recently discovered a great use for it: video courses and webinars. I just go to the course/webinar page using my Chrome browser and cast the video from there to my TV so I can watch it and take notes on my computer at the same time without having to switch between windows. (Once you’ve cast the video, you can do anything else on your computer without interrupting it.)
Additional Deals Around the Interwebs
- Amazon US Deal of the Day: Save on HIFI ELITE Super66 Bluetooth Headphones. Ends 3/7.
- Saks Off Fifth: Designer Sunglasses: Gucci, Fendi and Saint Laurent Starting at $119.99, Ray-Ban Starting at $79.99. Ends 3/7.
- Newegg: $120 OFF HP LC-200W Life Cam – The Worlds Smallest HD Mini Cam – $79.99. Ends 3/8.
- Nordstrom: Choose from Two Five-Piece Gifts with Your $75 Clarins Purchase at Nordstrom! Plus, Spend $25 More and Get Two Additional Deluxe Clarins Samples! An $88 Combined Gift Value! Free Shipping! Free Returns! Ends 3/8.
- Wayfair: 4-Person 14-Jet Plug and Play Spa with LED Waterfall up to 28% Off. Ends 3/9.
- Maplin UK: Get The Elgato Game Capture HD60 with Elgato Chat Link Cable Now for £119.99 Down from £169.99. Ends 3/11.
- Zazzle: March Deals – Up to 30% Off – Use code: MAR17ZAZDEAL. Ends 3/31.