Notice: Undefined variable: content in /home/eliza604/public_html/wp-content/themes/magazine-pro/functions.php on line 1822
Today’s T3 includes tips for managing Facebook notifications, recycling Christmas trees, and safely opening a bottle of bubbly.
1. Turn Off Live Video Notifications in Facebook
It’s great that Facebook keeps adding cool new features to its platform, like live video. What isn’t great is when they turn notifications on by default for these new features, rather than letting their users decide whether they want them or not.
If you’re getting unwanted notifications for live videos, there are a couple of things you can do.
- Stop notifications for particular pages. To do this, go to the page in question and click the Following button underneath the cover photo. Click the Edit icon to bring up a dialog box with various notifications options, including the ability to turn them off for live videos.
You can also change this when you actually get a notification for a live video.
- Stop all notifications for live videos. Go to your Facebook settings, Notifications tab, On Facebook section (facebook.com/settings?tab=notifications§ion=on_facebook&view) and select an option from the dropdown box.
2. Recycle Your Christmas Tree
Instead of just leaving your tree at the curb this year, check out these tips from the National Wildlife Federation for giving it a second life.
3. Open Champagne the Right Way
Hearing a loud pop and watching bubbly pour out of the bottle may look like fun in the movies, but it’s a good way to waste a lot of this sparkling beverage. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the article below or watch the YouTube video to learn how to ring in 2017 with a full bottle left to enjoy.
How to Open a Bottle of Champagne (The Kitchn)
Happy New Year Everybody!
You may also be interested in: