This contest is now over. Congratulations to lucky winner Jim K. from Massachusetts!
To learn about future contest opportunities, fill in the form at the top of the sidebar and select the Announcements mailing option. In the meantime, have a great summer everyone! – Elizabeth
In June, I’ll be doing my own personal blogathon where I’ll be trying to publish a new Tech for Luddites post every day of the month. As part of this year’s effort, I’d really like to add a reader tech tip at the end of each post if I can gather enough.
To that end, I’m running a special contest for T4L readers who submit their favorite tip. At the end of the month, I’ll do a random draw of all entries and the winner will receive an Amazon Fire tablet in your choice of color AND an Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote streaming media player. That’s a $100 value… Can you say “Wowza”?
What kind of tip should you enter?
Anything that has some sort of technical aspect to it that you think other readers would benefit from. While most of my posts are about about computers, mobile devices, streaming players, or social media, please don’t feel limited by those topics. Here’s a good example of an entirely different type of tech tip I wrote a couple of years ago:
Note: When I post reader tips, I’ll credit the submitter by first name (because it’s more personal than “some guy/gal”) and I’ll send you an email to let you know it’s live.
To enter the contest, simply fill out the form below and click the Share Your Tech Tip button. After the contest closes, I’ll randomly select one winner’s name from the list of people who submitted qualified entries. If you’re one of them, I’ll then email you and you’ll have 48 hours to let me know your choice of prize and send me your mailing address. If I don’t hear back from you within 48 hours, I will pick an alternate name from the list.
The Not-So-Fine Print
- Deadline to enter is Thursday, June 30, 2016, 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- Open to anyone 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary.
- You may enter multiple times, but each tech tip must be submitted separately.
- Tech for Luddites is solely responsible for determining if a submission constitutes a legitimate tech tip. (I’ll be generous with the term “tech”, but let’s not push it, okay? 🙂 )
- All entrants agree that Tech for Luddites may edit submitted tips for length, clarity, tone, or any other reason and share them on any of its electronic or print marketing channels including, but not limited to, the Tech for Luddites blog, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Twitter account, Instagram account, newsletter, Luddite Lounge podcast, etc.
- Winner agrees that Tech for Luddites may publish the following additional information about the winner on any of the aforementioned channels: first name, last initial, city, state, country.
- Shipping will be paid by Tech for Luddites at the lowest rate available. If the winner resides in a location where the prize cannot be shipped by Amazon, winner will receive a $100 USD electronic Amazon gift card in its place.
- If you live in a place where it’s illegal to enter online contests, I’m sure that’s been a pain in your a$$ your whole life so you already know you shouldn’t enter.
- By clicking the Share Your Tech Tip button, you are attesting that you are eligible to participate.
- Entering the contest will not add you to any other mailings unless you specifically opt in to one.
- Tech for Luddites is not responsible for entries not being received or any other errors due to technical issues.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Share Your Favorite Tech Tip Contest Entry Form