For those who don’t know, in the UK and other Commonwealth countries (including Canada, where I grew up) the day after Christmas is known as Boxing Day. As per this Wikipedia article, no one’s really sure what the term refers to, but I’m celebrating it this year by sharing information about a new program that I just learned about between Amazon and Goodwill.
Basically, you pack your old Amazon boxes with donations of clothing and household products and then go to GiveBackBox.com to print a shipping label that lets you send your donations for free to the nearest Goodwill participating organization. (Note that it doesn’t have to be an Amazon box, but if you’re anything like me, there’s a good chance that many of the boxes you collect over the holidays have Amazon on there somewhere…)
A few more Amazon goodies
Here are a few more things going on with Amazon you might want to check out before the end of the year.
- There’s currently a sweepstakes going on to give away 25 Amazon Echos to Prime members who listen to at least one song through Prime Music or Amazon Music Unlimited. You can enter once per day until December 31st. (See full contest rules.)
- If you’re not already an Amazon Music Unlimited subscriber, but have thought about trying it out, until December 30th you can get a $10 credit towards the service, which will kick in after your 30-day free trial is over. (Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited on Amazon or in this T4L post.)
- Not an Amazon Prime member but interested in some of their original video programming? This week they’re offering a great binge-watching opportunity with free access to Season 1 of three of their series (The Man in the High Castle, Bosch, Mozart in the Jungle)—no Prime subscription required.
- Also on the video front, until January 23rd, 2017, you can rent any single movie for just 99 cents. NOTE: When you check out, it will still show the original rental price, but you are only charged 99 cents.
- This final week of the year is also Accessories Week at Amazon where you’ll find all the little extras you need for all sorts of products—techie and otherwise—with many great deals available as well.
You may also be interested in: