I’ve previously written about the Ebates cash-back program, something I wish I’d known about a lot sooner. Basically you sign up with Ebates for free, then get cash back when you make online purchases from their huge network of retailers. It’s great for people like me who do most of their shopping online anyway. I’ve gotten cash back from a wide array of purchases including hotel stays, web hosting packages, beauty supplies, clothing, software, activities—even my FICO credit score!
Any time is a good time to join the program, but here are 3 reasons why now is an ESPECIALLY good time.
1. Summer Is Coming!
I don’t know about you, but there are lots of things on my summer shopping list and Ebates has partners for all of them:
- Everyday Essentials (Amazon, Target, Walmart, Staples)
- Fashion (Nordstrom, Macys, Lane Bryant, Banana Republic, Nine West, Brooks Brothers)
- Health and Beauty (Sephora, Bath and Body Works, Sally Beauty Supply, ProActiv+)
- Home and Garden (Lowe’s, Cost Plus Word Market, Overstock.com, The Container Store, KitchenAid)
- Kid Stuff (Carter’s, Toys R Us, Marvel Store, Gymboree)
- And dozens more in these and many other categories!
2. Sign-Up Bonus
Spend $25 at a participating Ebates retailer within 90 days of signing up and you’ll receive a $10 cash back bonus! (They actually have this bonus—cash or gift card—whenever you sign up, but the sooner you get money the better, right?)
3. Get 16% Cash Back at More than 150 Stores!
This is the BIG one. Until May 18, 2015, to celebrate Ebates’ 16th birthday, more than 150 Ebates stores are offering 16% cash back on certain purchases. Merchants include Macy’s, LivingSocial, Panasonic, Restaurant.com, Saks Fifth Avenue, Stila Cosmetics, Claire’s plus, plus, plus…
Increase your online shopping savings by purchasing a discounted gift card from Raise.com, which you can then use to shop at Ebates stores and get cash back!
Tech for Luddites participates in the Ebates and Raise Tell-a-Friend programs, which means if you sign up after clicking one of the links in this post, I’ll get a small referral commission.
To receive future blog posts in your Inbox, please fill out the form below.