Happy New Year!
To kick off 2017, Tech for Luddites is conducting a reader poll… that’s also a contest!
The reader poll part is both to give me a better idea of topics that interest T4L readers and to give you an opportunity to share your knowledge with other members of our community. The contest part is just to make it a little more fun. 🙂
Simply fill in the form below and click Submit to be entered for a chance to win a $25 gift card to Amazon. The deadline to enter is 11:59pm Eastern Time on January 31st and after that I’ll do a random drawing from all the entries. The winner will have one week to reply back to claim the prize. Read the full rules at the bottom of this post.
Throughout the month, I’ll report on some of the results here, on social media, in the T4L newsletters and on the Luddite Lounge podcast, etc. Also, I’m doing this contest as a test run. I’ve tried other ones before asking people to share tech tips but got very few responses, probably because it was too open-ended. I’m hoping a poll like this one will be less daunting and more people will submit entries. If that’s the case, I’ll do more of them in the future.
And now, on to the poll!
Share a Favorite Computer Program or Mobile App
When it comes to the software we use on our computers, phones, and tablets, it’s easy to find things that we don’t like: slow loading, poor interface, doesn’t work right. But let’s start the new year off right by focusing on the positive. You probably have at least one program or app you use regularly that makes your life better or easier somehow. For example, I’m a big fan of the Diigo browser extension for helping me curate the news stories I include in each week’s Tech Headlines post.
Share one of your faves below to help other Luddites out and enter for a chance to win the Amazon gift card.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
The Not-So-Fine Print
- Deadline to enter is Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 11:59pm Eastern Time. Drawing will take place after that.
- Open to anyone 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary.
- One entry per person.
- Tech for Luddites is solely responsible for determining if a submission is complete and eligible for the contest.
- All entrants agree that Tech for Luddites may edit submitted entries for length, clarity, tone, or any other reason and share them on any of its electronic or print marketing channels including, but not limited to, the Tech for Luddites blog, newsletter, social media accounts, Luddite Lounge podcast, etc.
- Winner agrees that Tech for Luddites may publish the following additional information about the winner on any of the aforementioned channels: first name, last initial, city, state, country.
- You may choose to receive the e-gift card from any Amazon site. For non-U.S. sites, the value will be equivalent to $25 USD.
- If you live in a place where it’s illegal to enter online contests, I’m sure that’s been a pain in your a$$ your whole life so you already know you shouldn’t enter. By clicking the Submit button, you are attesting that you are eligible to participate.
- Entering the contest will not add you to any other mailings unless you specifically opt in to one.
- Tech for Luddites is not responsible for entries not being received or any other errors due to technical issues.
To receive future blog posts in your Inbox, please fill out the form below.